Kefalonia, Greece is known for its delicious local cuisine, and there are plenty of excellent restaurants to choose from when visiting the island. If you’re staying in Potamianata, here is a guide to some of the best local restaurants within a 10km radius:
- To Koutouki tou Potamia: This traditional taverna in Potamianata serves classic Greek dishes such as moussaka, dolmades, and souvlaki. The menu also features fresh seafood caught by local fishermen, and the friendly staff will help you to choose the perfect dish.
- Oinopnevma: Located in the village of Divarata, this family-run restaurant offers traditional Greek cuisine with a modern twist. The menu features fresh seafood, meat and vegetarian options, and the homemade wine is not to be missed.
- Ta Karamanlidika tou Potamia: This family-run restaurant serves authentic Karamanlidika dishes, which are a blend of Greek and Turkish cuisine. Located in Potamianata, the restaurant offers a great variety of mezedes (Greek tapas) and a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- Skala Fish Tavern: This seaside restaurant in Skala offers a great variety of seafood, including fresh fish, octopus, and squid. The menu also features meat and vegetarian options, and the location is perfect for enjoying a dinner while watching the sunset.
- Oskars: This restaurant in Lixouri offers a great variety of seafood, including fresh fish, octopus, and squid. The menu also features excellent meat and vegetarian options, and the location is perfect to enjoy a dinner while watching the sunset.
- To Steki tou Potamia: This cozy and rustic steakhouse in Potamianata offers a great selection of grilled meats, including beef, pork and lamb. The menu also features a variety of traditional Greek dishes and homemade desserts.
When dining in Potamianata and the surrounding area, be sure to try some of the island’s traditional dishes such as stifado (a beef stew), pastitsio (a Greek version of lasagna), and dolmades (stuffed vine leaves). And, of course, wash it down with some local wine or ouzo. Bon appétit!